Man electrocuted in burglary
A MAN has been killed in a burglary at an electricity substation in Ipswich.
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing today following the death of a 30-year-old man at an electricity substation in Ipswich last night.
Police were called to reports of an electrocution at the substation in Ransomes Way at 11.26pm and found the man dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as unexplained and the scene remains cordoned off as officers and electricians conduct investigations.
Nearby businesses suffered loss of power for about an hour, with one 24-hour factory operation having to send up to 40 workers home for the night.
You may also want to watch:
For health and safety reasons, staff at the Cinram unit just across the road had to go home six hours before the end of their shift, leaving the DVD printing business with a considerable backlog to catch up with today.
When they arrived at the substation late last night officers discovered that the rear doors had been forced and some tools that had been used to cut metal cables were found discarded.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 4 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
A second man waved the ambulance attending the incident down but left the scene when it arrived. Police are appealing for him to come forward.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.