Man electrocuted in garden
A MAN has been taken to hospital after being electrocuted in a Suffolk garden.
Emergency services were called to Top Road, Rattlesden, at 2.55pm today, an accident left two people injured.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said that the man had been electrocuted in a back garden.
The injured man was been taken to West Suffolk Hospital, where he would be treated for his injuries.
A police spokeswoman said that the fire service and EDF energy had been called to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The Health and Safety Executive was also contacted.
The incident occurred after equipment came into contact with overhead power lines.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
Power was interrupted to 292 customers at around 3pm as a result of the incident and a further 840 people were affected 20 minutes later when supplies had to be isolated in the Felsham and Gedding areas for safety reasons.
A spokeswoman for EDF said: “We are currently working with Suffolk Police to find out the circumstances of what happened.
“Our engineers restored power to 950 customers by 4.50pm.”
It is believed that power is still affected in Rattlesden.