Drama as man escapes police custody, is chased down and arrested
A man has been arrested after escaping police officers and being chased down in Stowmarket.
Officers were called to Bury Street on Wednesday, October 28, at 11.05am to a report of criminal damage.
Upon arrival police found the suspect, however he escaped their custody and made off towards the railway station.
The man, in his 30s, was then caught and arrested on suspicion of assault, criminal damage, obstructing an officer, assaulting a police officer and escaping lawful custody.
He was then taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning.
Dashcam footage from a passing driver at the junction of Station Road West and Gipping Way shows multiple police cars racing through the streets on their way to the scene.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'