Man facing careless driving charges after fatal Newmarket crash expected to have June trial
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a motorist accused of causing the death of a Suffolk cyclist by careless driving is expected to take place in June.
Before Ipswich Crown Court today (Monday) for a plea and trial preparation was Danut Birle, 23, of Old Station Road, Newmarket.
He pleaded not guilty to causing the death of Zoltan Domotor, 34, of Aureole Walk, Newmarket, by careless driving on the A1304 Barbara Stradbroke Avenue, Newmarket on January 24 2017.
An earlier hearing heard that Mr Domotor was declared dead at the scene by paramedics.
Judge David Goodin adjourned the hearing until June 11 when Birle’s trial is expected to get underway.
You may also want to watch:
Birle is on unconditional bail.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Matchday Live: Level at the break as owner Johnson watches on
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill