Man suffers life-threatening injuries after getting stuck under his own car at Stansted Airport
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A63-year-old man had fallen and become trapped underneath his car in the set down lane’ at Stansted Airport in Essex this morning.
Police were called shortly after 4am this morning and closed in Terminal Road North while they dealt with the scene.
The driver, from Waltham Cross, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with a head injury.
Anyone travelling to the airport was advised Terminal Road North, or the ‘Express Set Down’ as it is also known, was closed.
Passengers were encouraged to allow extra time for their journey to the airport.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police Inspector Rob Brettell said the roundabout near to the blue short stay was temporarily closed while the vehicle was recovered.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 6 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed