Man from Colchester dies after assault in Dovercourt
A man has died in hospital after being assaulted in Dovercourt
The Colchester man, 49, suffered head injuries in the attack at around 11pm on Saturday, November 14 at an address in Cliff Road.
He died in hospital the following evening.
The death is being treated as suspicious.
Essex Police arrested two Dovercourt men, aged 19 and 47, on suspicion of GBH in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
They have been bailed until January 20 pending further enquiries.
A force spokesman said there was not a murder investigation surrounding the incident.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
Despite the incident happening on Saturday evening, Essex Police only released details of the investigation today.