Man struck by vehicle and assaulted after nightclub dispute
- Credit: Archant
A man has been struck by a vehicle and assaulted in Bury St Edmunds, prompting a police appeal for witnesses.
Officers were called at around 3.10am on Sunday, June 14 to the incident, which occurred in the vicinity of Risbygate Street and Springfield Road.
A 29-year-old man reported that a green Skoda mounted the kerb and struck him, before one of the occupants got out of the vehicle and assaulted him.
Another man and a woman, also aged in their 20s, were also assaulted during the incident.
This was preceded by another member of their group, a 30-year-old man, being assaulted in Parkway at around 3am.
You may also want to watch:
No-one sustained any serious injuries, but the man who was struck by the car received treatment for a cut to the head.
Detectives believe that these incidents are linked to an earlier verbal dispute which took place in Flex nightclub in St Andrews Street South.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
They believe at least one of the people in each group were known to each other.
Anyone who witnessed the incidents occurring in either Parkway, Risbygate Street or Springfield Road between 3am and 3.10am on Sunday is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station, quoting reference 41126/19.