Man hurt as house struck by lightning
A MAN was treated for minor burns after his house was struck by lightening last night.
A MAN was treated for minor burns after his house was struck by lightning last night.
A small fire broke out in the home in Campion Way, Leavenheath, just before 7pm after the lightening hit.
Two fire crews attended the scene but the fire was out on arrival. The elderly man was treated for minor burns by paramedics.
The incident was one of a number of bizarre weather phenomena to hit the county during yesterday's storms.
You may also want to watch:
Hail storms turned roads white - they looked like winter scenes - while several readers took pictures of tornados, or funnel clouds, that formed in the skies above the county.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 8 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents