Man in 80s arrested after female pedestrian dies after collision on Boxing Day in Essex
- Credit: citizenside.com
Police investigating a fatal road collision in Essex have arrested a man on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, perverting the course of justice, failing to stop and failing to report.
Essex Police said the man in his 80s, from the Frinton area, was arrested on Sunday night after a pedestrian – a 54-year-old woman – died on Boxing Day following a collision in Kirby Cross.
The man has been bailed pending further police enquiries until March 25.
The woman, who was from the Kirby Cross area, suffered serious injuries following the collision in Frinton Road at around 5.20pm.
She was taken to Colchester Hospital for treatment but died on Saturday, December 27.
You may also want to watch:
Police have located the red vehicle believed to have been involved in the collision and are urging witnesses or anybody with information to contact Essex Police on 101.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer