Man in court charged with murder
A MAN has appeared before magistrates in Ipswich charged with murder.
A MAN appeared before magistrates in Ipswich yesterday morning charged with murder following an incident in the town.
Rodney Greenland, 46, of Manchester Road, Ipswich, has been charged by detectives with the murder of Simon Amers, 36.
Magistrates at South East Magistrates Court, Ipswich committed Greenland for trial at Ipswich Crown Court, where his first appearance will be on October 16, 2009.
Mr Amers was found at his home in Widgeon Close at 3.28pm on Thursday afternoon and was later declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination has revealed that the cause of death was incised wounds to the neck, chest and abdomen.
Greenland was arrested a short time after Mr Amers was found and was questioned by detectives from Suffolk's major investigation team.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
A police spokesman said: “Suffolk Police have charged a male with murder following an incident in Widgeon Close on Thursday.
“Forty-six-year-old Rodney Greenland, of Manchester Road, Ipswich, has been charged with murder and has been remanded in custody.”