Murder accused is due in court today
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear in court today charged with the murder of a woman in Newmarket.
Emergency services were called to Brickfields Avenue in the town on Thursday night to reports that a woman had been stabbed in a property.
Police, paramedics and the air ambulance attended, but the woman died at the scene.
A man was arrested and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he was questioned.
Charles Jessop, 28, of Bakers Row, Newmarket, has subsequently been charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates' Court today, Saturday January 18.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused