Murder accused is due in court today
- Credit: Archant
A man will appear in court today charged with the murder of a woman in Newmarket.
Emergency services were called to Brickfields Avenue in the town on Thursday night to reports that a woman had been stabbed in a property.
Police, paramedics and the air ambulance attended, but the woman died at the scene.
A man was arrested and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he was questioned.
Charles Jessop, 28, of Bakers Row, Newmarket, has subsequently been charged with murder.
He is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates' Court today, Saturday January 18.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 7 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 10 North Stander: Now we can win ugly, and that's so important