Man in ‘critical condition’ after suffering medical episode while reporting alleged assault on woman in Colchester
- Credit: Su Anderson
A 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault following an incident in High Street, Colchester.
The incident happened shortly before 8pm last night.
Essex Police said a member of the public went to assist a woman after reportedly seeing a man trying to force her into a car. While reporting the incident to police, the man suffered a “medical episode”.
Officers and ambulance attended and a scene guard was put in place for a short period of time.
The ambulance service took the man to hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 44-year-old man on suspicion of assaulting the woman and he remains in custody.
Police said investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police