Man in ‘critical condition’ after suffering medical episode while reporting alleged assault on woman in Colchester
- Credit: Su Anderson
A 44-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault following an incident in High Street, Colchester.
The incident happened shortly before 8pm last night.
Essex Police said a member of the public went to assist a woman after reportedly seeing a man trying to force her into a car. While reporting the incident to police, the man suffered a “medical episode”.
Officers and ambulance attended and a scene guard was put in place for a short period of time.
The ambulance service took the man to hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a 44-year-old man on suspicion of assaulting the woman and he remains in custody.
Police said investigations are ongoing.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina