Man in his 20s dies after three-vehicle collision on A120 at Harwich
Officers were called to the scene on Tinker Street at around 8.50pm on Tuesday night after reports that two vehicles had been involved in a head on collision.
A man in his 20s from Harwich, who had been driving a Ford Fiesta, was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin has been informed.
After the collision, the A120 was closed in both directions by the Highways Agency between the B1035 at Horsely Cross and the B1352 at Ramsey.
A man driving a Vauxhall Corsa, which was involved in the collision with the Fiesta, was taken to hospital with serious injuries that are not believed to be life threatening.
A Toyota Rav 4 also collided with debris as it went through the collision scene.
No further injuries were reported.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 6 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 7 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
Officers remain on the scene conducting recovery work.
Essex Police are calling for anyone who has any information about the incident to come forward. They are also looking to speak to anyone with dashcam footage of the Ford or Vauxhall prior to the collision.
Those with information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01245 240590 or email email@example.com.