Man in hospital as car collides with tree
A 55-year-old driver is being treated at hospital for chest injuries after his car left a Suffolk road and collided with a tree.
The crash happened in Hadleigh Road, Polstead, at around 6.30am this morning.
Firefighters from nearby Hadleigh and Sudbury were joined by a crew from Colchester at the scene, near the Polstead junction with Potash Lane, where the man was trapped by his injuries inside his vehicle.
Rescuers removed the car roof and freed the injured driver, and by 7.15am he was in the care of an ambulance crew who took him to Colchester Hospital.
Reports suggest the accident may have happened following a tyre blowout.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet clear whether the man was seriously hurt in the crash.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club