Man injured after branch pierces van windscreen
A TREE branch has fallen through the windscreen of a van in Suffolk injuring the diver.
The incident happened in Bury Road, Newmarket at around 10am.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said a large branch from the tree knocked a lamp post over and then piercing the windscreen of the VW van.
The male driver, believed to be in his 60s, suffered what paramedics have described as minor head injuries.
He was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The road is currently still closed while the tree is removed.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge