Man injured after three-vehicle crash
AN ELDERLY man was taken to hospital with minor injuries following a three-vehicle crash in which one car was on fire.The crash, which involved a Fiat Punto, Landrover Discovery and Vauxhall Corsa, happened at around 10.30pm.
AN ELDERLY man was taken to hospital with minor injuries following a three-vehicle crash in which one car was on fire.
The crash, which involved a Fiat Punto, Landrover Discovery and Vauxhall Corsa, happened at around 10.30pm yesterday on the A1071 in Hadleigh near to the junction that leads to the Byrite superstore.
It is believed there was a gas cylinder in one of the cars which caused the fire. Emergency services attended the scene and released a trapped man from his car.
A crew from the East of England Ambulance Trust took a 79-year-old man to Ipswich Hospital to treat some minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A section of the road close to the A1141 was closed until 12.15am while the scene was cleared and the vehicles were recovered.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs