Man injured during chase between pedestrians and motorists yesterday
- Credit: citizenside.com
Three men were seen running through gardens in Harwich during a chase with three vehicles yesterday.
Essex Police were called to Main Road shortly after 2.30pm following reports that three men were seen running through a garden.
They had been chased by group of men inside a silver Peugeot 106 which had then crashed into a brick wall and had possibly hit one of the men that was being pursued.
He suffered a head injury but was not seriously injured.
A dark coloured Vauxhall Insignia and a silver Renault Clio are also thought to have been involved.
You may also want to watch:
Police were then made aware of a man in Gwynne Road, Harwich, who appeared to have had ammonia thrown in his face, but had not suffered serious injuries.
Both victims are in their 20s and were taken to hospital for treatment but were later released.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
Police believed this may have been a targeted incident.
Five men, aged 17, 24, 24, 40 and 29 were arrested at around 5pm in Harwich on suspicion of assault and are assisting officers with their enquiries today.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who may have information is asked to call Clacton CID on Essex Police 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.