Man injured in oven blaze

A MAN was led to safety by firefighters after a fire broke out in the kitchen of an Ipswich flat.

Crews were called to the town’s Wellington Street shortly after 9.30pm tonight after a fire started on the first floor of the property.

On arrival two crew members wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet extinguished the fire, which had started in an oven. The flames had been put out by 9.40pm.

A spokesperson for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “One male casualty was led to safety and given oxygen therapy whilst awaiting arrival of the ambulance.”

Paramedics were called to the scene to treat the man for lacerations.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus