Man jailed after ramming pole inside friend in horror attack
A MAN was jailed indefinitely today for a “sadistic” attack with a weightlifting pole that left a friend with horrific internal injuries.
Alcoholic Robert Fraiser shoved the pole a foot up Norman Reid’s bottom in June last year, the Old Bailey heard.
Fraiser, 41, of Colchester, was told he must serve at least five years in jail after admitting grievous bodily harm with intent.
The court heard that Mr Reid, 38, underwent lifesaving surgery after being found lying unconscious in a pool of blood outside the house where the assault took place, with his trousers and underpants pulled down.
His prostate gland and bladder had been perforated by the pole before it came out through the navel.
You may also want to watch:
He had also been stabbed repeatedly in the shins and suffered a fractured skull.
Fraiser at first blamed people in neighbouring flats but later admitted carrying out the attack.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
Judge Phillip Clegg said the “appalling assault’’ was “wholly gratuitous and utterly sadistic’’ as he gave him an indeterminate sentence for public protection.