Man jailed for secretly filming in bathroom
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich man who secretly filmed with mobile phone jailed for voyeurism
An Ipswich man who hid a mobile phone in a medicine chest in a bathroom has been jailed for ten months after admitting voyeurism.
Simon Reeve handed himself into police after someone using the bathroom discovered he had been secretly filming them, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Reeve, 47, of Woodbridge Road, Ipswich admitted voyeurism and in addition to being jailed was ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for ten years. He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order.
Jailing him Judge Emma Peters described what he’d done as a “gross breach of trust”.
You may also want to watch:
“You rightly hang your head in shame at what you did,” said the judge.
Richard Kelly for Reeve said his client was “thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed” about what he’d done.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“He has expressed real regret and shame at what happened,” said Mr Kelly.
“He knew what he’d done but couldn’t bring himself to make the admission. At least he has now come clean,” said Mr Kelly.
He said Reeve accepted the offence was committed for sexual gratification.