Colchester man found with ‘drugs in his pants’ is jailed for six months
- Credit: Archant
A Colchester man who was found with hundreds of pounds of heroin and crack cocaine in his pants has been jailed for six months.
Dawada Whyte, 25, of Lightship Way, Colchester was discovered in the living room of a house in Tay Close in St Ives on Thursday, May 11, last year by police officers searching for a burglar.
He was searched by police and was found to have £333 in cash, a small amount of herbal cannabis and two mobile phones on him.
Whyte was arrested at the scene.
A spokeswoman for Cambridgeshire police added: “Further searches found 16 wraps of heroin and crack cocaine worth £360 in his pants.”
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday, April 24, Whyte pleaded guilty to possession of class A and B drugs and was sentenced at Cambridge Crown Court.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training