Man killed in Bungay crash named as Anthony Benson-Smith of Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man who died after a serious crash on the outskirts of Bungay on Friday has been named as 45-year-old Anthony Benson-Smith.
Mr Benson-Smith of Lowestoft, was driving a green Ford Fiesta which was involved in the collision with a yellow Peugeot 107 on the B1062 Beccles Road.
Officers were called by the ambulance service at 7.15am to the stretch of road between Low Road and Tallents Loke in Mettingham.
A Suffolk police spokesman confirmed Mr Benson-Smith had died at the scene.
The driver of the Peugeot, a man aged in his 50s, was taken to hospital for treatment after he suffered serious injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Police are continuing to appeal for any witnesses who saw the crash to come forward – in particular a dog walker who was seen in the area at the time.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101, quoting reference CAD 36 of January 8.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer