Man killed in rail crash is named
A MAN killed when his car was struck by a passenger train at a level crossing has been named as John White.The 6.22am Colchester to Norwich train struck Mr White's silver Vauxhall Astra on the Swainsthorpe crossing at around 7.
A MAN killed when his car was struck by a passenger train at a level crossing has been named as John White.
The 6.22am Colchester to Norwich train struck Mr White's silver Vauxhall Astra on the Swainsthorpe crossing at around 7.25am on Thursday.
The 56-year-old victim was from Swainsthorpe, Norfolk.
British Transport Police said that the car was moving across the crossing in the direction of Norwich when it was struck.
You may also want to watch:
BTP added that it was treating the incident as a fatal road traffic collision and that the Rail Accident Investigation Branch had been informed.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch