Man killed in single vehicle road crash
A MAN was killed last nightafter the car he was driving left the road and crashed into a hedge near Ipswich.Suffolk police and the East Anglian ambulance service were called to the accident on the A137 at Wherstead near the junction with Valley Lane at 8.
A MAN was killed last nightafter the car he was driving left the road and crashed into a hedge near Ipswich.
Suffolk police and the East Anglian ambulance service were called to the accident on the A137 at Wherstead near the junction with Valley Lane at 8.50pm.
A Suffolk police spokesman said last night it was believed the man was from the Ipswich area but he could give no more details, because the man's next of kin had not formally identified him.
The Ford Mondeo car that the man was driving left the road and no other vehicles were involved in the accident.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who was the only person in the car, was taken to Ipswich Hospital on Heath Road but was certified dead on arrival.
The cause of the accident was not known last night but accident investigators have launched an inquiry into what had happened.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
One possible line of inquiry is that that man might have become ill at the wheel of the car.
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust confirmed it had received a call at 8.47pm to attend a road accident on the A137 at Wherstead and had taken an injured man to Ipswich Hospital.
Last night's accident was the second fatal road crash on the Shotley Peninsula in a month, which have resulted in the deaths of three people.
A 23-year-old woman from Kesgrave, and 20 year old man from Ipswich died in an accident on August 21 when a Peugot 205 car left the road at the junction of the B1045 and B1080 at Freston and crashed into an embankment.
Nearly 40 people have died on the county's roads so far this year.
Anyone with any information about last night's crash should contact the officer in charge of the case, acting Sgt Chris Rhodda, at Suffolk police headquarters on 01473 613500.