Man knocked out with punch to the head walking home from Coopers Dip pub, Saxmundham
- Credit: Archant
A robber punched a man unconscious as he was walking home from an east Suffolk pub and then stole his wallet, police said.
The 24-year-old victim was returning from the Coopers Dip pub in Saxmundham at around 6.50pm on Monday when he was attacked on a footpath, which runs next to Brook Farm Road.
“The victim was punched to the head which left him unconscious for a short while with his wallet containing cash stolen in the incident,” a police spokesman said,
“He was taken to Ipswich hospital for treatment to his head injuries before returning home in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious activity in the area or has knowledge of the incident should contact Lowestoft CID on 101 quoting crime reference 37/73309/17.
You may also want to watch:
People can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina