Man led to safety after cooker catches fire
A man was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation at the scene of a flat fire.
The blaze broke out inside a flat in Whitland Close, off Stoke Park Drive, at around 8.30pm this evening.
Firefighters from Princes Street station and Colchester Road headquarters were called to tackle the flames, which broke out after a cooker caught fire.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said crews arrived to find a small fire in the kitchen of the flat.
A man was led to safety by rescuers and treated on the scene by paramedics. His condition was not thought to be serious and he did not require hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews used breathing gear and a single hose to extinguish the flames, which had been brought fully under control, and the flat declared safe to return to, by 9pm.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid