Man named in A14 death crash
POLICE have named the man who was killed in a horrific crash on the A14, just outside Cambridge.
Simon Bendall, 53, from Isleham, near Ely, lost his life during the Thursday morning rush hour, near Milton.
A car “split in two” in the accident on the westbound carriageway which involved three cars and a lorry. It left two other people with injuries.
Traffic restrictions were in place for nearly eight hours as the emergency services dealt with the aftermath of the crash. Mr Bendall had been driving a Vauxhall Astra.
Also involved were a 43-year-old man driving a white Volvo articulated lorry, a 31-year-old man driving a silver Renault Clio, and a 39-year-old man driving a black Mercedes C180.
You may also want to watch:
The accident took place at 8.40am and police, firefighters, paramedics and the air ambulance attended the scene of the incident.
The final traffic restrictions were not lifted until just before 4.30pm.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to call Cambridgeshire police on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.