Man rescued from lake after becoming stuck
- Credit: Google Maps
A man who got stuck in the reed bed of a lake was rescued by firefighters.
Essex County Fire and Rescue were called to Haye Lane, in Fingringhoe, just before 9pm on Tuesday, March 29 after a concerned member of the public spotted a man in a reed bed in the lake.
The man had become stuck after he wandered out to the reed bed. He later told firefighters that, when the sun set, he could not see a safe route to get back.
Firefighters specially trained in water rescues waded out to take the man to safety.
The man was checked over by the East of England Ambulance Service but was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Station manager Dave Bond, from Essex County Fire and Rescue, said: "We'd like to remind everyone to take extra care when around water.
"We're getting to the time of year when people will be spending more time outside, and it's great fun to explore new places.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 10 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
"But if you are near water, please remember the risks and keep yourself safe.
"In this incident, the light was a major factor. When the sun set, the man was not able to see a safe path to get back and was trapped.
"It was very lucky that the resident nearby spotted him and called 999."