Man returns to his Essex home to find burglar’s car on drive and thief inside house
- Credit: Archant
A man returned to his Essex home to find a burglar’s car on his drive and the thief inside his house.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident which took place in Aythorpe Roding, near Dunmow, at around 12.05pm yesterday.
When the man arrived home, a car – with registration plate starting with FT11 – was on his drive and his front door and window had been smashed.
He then entered the house and confronted a man who was upstairs, who then proceeded to point what is believed to be a small handgun at him.
The burglar then left the property in a small, off-white beige coloured car.
You may also want to watch:
Fire officers later found a wallet, credit cards and number plates at around 3pm on the same day in a layby in Debden Road, Newport.
This property is believed to have been taken from the burglary.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 4 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
Police are appealing to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious or a small car of the above description driving around the Aythorpe Roding or Newport area around these times to contact DC Christopher Sedgwick at Braintree CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Officers are also keen for any dash cam footage of a car of this type with this registration plate to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org