Robber enters man’s car on M11 near Stansted and demands cash before stealing bag
A driver had his bag stolen by a robber who got into his car while he was waiting in traffic in Essex.
The incident happened shortly after 5pm on Friday, February 16 near the Birchanger Services in Stansted.
The victim was queuing on the slip road at junction eight of the M11 when a man approached his car and got in via the passenger door.
The man demanded money and after a struggle, took the victim’s bag and ran-off in the direction of the Birchanger Services.
The suspect is described as white, slim and around 6ft tall. He was wearing a dark-coloured hooded top, which was arranged to cover his face.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Detective Constable Joanne Lewis at Braintree Criminal Investigations Department on 101.
Alternatively, people can contact the Crimestoppers charity completely anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside