Man’s body found in River Crouch near Burnham
- Credit: citizenside.com
A man’s body has been found in the River Crouch near Burnham in Essex.
Officers were contacted by Thames Coastguard at 3.15pm on Thursday after yachtsmen reported seeing the body floating at the mouth of the river.
Essex Police said the body was taken to Colchester General Hospital, the Coroner’s office was informed and a post mortem examination will be held.
The man has not been identified and it is not yet known how he came to be in the water or how he died.
He was wearing a wetsuit and is believed to have been in the water for some time. The man’s death is currently being treated as unexplained.
Officers have been liaising with other police forces in both the UK and coastal Europe to see if they can help to identify the man.
Detective Superintendent Lydia George, of Colchester’s Criminal Investigation Department, said: “We do not know who this man is and would urge anyone who has any information to contact with us.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 6 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
- 9 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
“He was a well-built man with a short ginger beard and long ginger hair. He was wearing a full-length black wetsuit which had a blue Mystic logo on the right arm of the sleeve.”
People with information are asked to call Essex Police on 101.