Man’s skull fractured in hit-and-run horror
POLICE are appealing for a driver to come forward after a 31-year-old man suffered a fractured skull and cuts to the head after an incident in Colchester.
Paramedics and police were called to West Stockwell Street, Colchester at about 6.30pm on Friday evening.
The injured man, who is from Colchester, was taken to Colchester General Hospital with serious injuries.
Officers from Stanway Road Policing Unit are investigating the incident and would like to speak to the driver of a vehicle that was involved.
It is believed that a silver coloured car was travelling down West Stockwell Street when the man entered the road. The car left the scene before police arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Steve Brewer said: “I am appealing for the driver of this car to contact police as soon as possible. It is possible the driver just panicked and left the scene but we still need to speak to this person and get an account of events.”
Stanway Road Policing Unit can be contacted on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches