Man saves neighbour’s life
A MAN has today been praised by firefighters for saving the life of his neighbour.
The man was alerted to something happening when he hear a smoke alarm sounding in his next-door neighbours home in Trunette Road, Clacton last night.
Concerned for the safety of his neighbour he went to investigate at around 7.30pm.
Spotting smoke pouring out of a bathroom window the man called the emergency services.
Three fire crews, two from Clacton and one from Weeley arrived at the scene to discover a 30-year-old man, who had been inside the burning building, outside, safely away from the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The man was treated by the ambulance service for shock and smoke inhalation.
A spokesman for the Essex Fire and Rescue Service praised the quick-thinking of the man’s neighbour.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
“A neighbour alerted crews after hearing a smoke alarm sounding in the next door house. He was able to raise his neighbour inside the burning building and potentially save him from serious injury.”
A firefighter at the scene said the semi-detached house, measuring 6m by 6m is 50% alight and the whole of the building is heavily smoke logged.
Crews are currently at the scene tackling the flames.