Man searched at Ipswich train station after reports of threatening behaviour
- Credit: Archant
A man was searched outside Ipswich train station after reports that he was showing threatening behaviour.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary and British Transport Police were called to the station off Burrell Road around 11.40am.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the man was detained for a search at the scene but nothing was found.
No further action was taken against the man, the spokeswoman added.
She said: “There was some sort of allegation that he had been using threatening behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“He was searched at the scene but it came back negative.”
Suffolk Constabulary was alerted to the incident by a person at the station, but the force could not confirm if it was a member of the public or a member of staff.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies