Man seen in Bury St Edmunds wearing just a thong and Wellington boots
- Credit: Archant
The cold weather failed to deter one man in Bury St Edmunds who was seen just wearing the briefest of underpants and Wellington boots.
He was spotted walking past shops in the west of the town at Stamford Court close to the junction of Horringer Road and Vinery Road where there is a Tesco Express, Keyways Locksmith, a launderette and a ladies and gents hairdressers.
He turned the head of one onlooker who seemed dumbstruck on what she saw walking past her.
Julie Wiseman, who owns Cutting Edge Ladies and Gents Hairdressing said he was seen at 10.45am yesterday.
“He was wearing a little leaf print combat thong with wellie boots and he walked up Horsecroft Road. One of the girls was cutting a gentleman’s hair when she said ‘There’s a man just gone past wearing next to nothing.’
You may also want to watch:
“He apparently went into the Tesco Express for a bottle of orange juice and one of the girls in there apparentley asked him if she could get him some clothes but he said ‘No, I am fine I have just been for a run.’
“We think it was the same person who was seen doing this last year.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
The incident was posted on Facebook and has gone viral with hundreds of comments and suggestions on who the mystery man may be.
Steve Ebbens, who took the video and posted it on the website, said he was passing the shops and was stopped in his vehicle at the traffic lights where roadworks are currently being carried out.
The self employed farrier said: “I just saw him and took the video but I have not caught up with all the comments that have been made and I don’t know who the guy is.
“I was just going into Bury to get some lunch.”