Man seen in Bury St Edmunds wearing just a thong and Wellington boots
- Credit: Archant
The cold weather failed to deter one man in Bury St Edmunds who was seen just wearing the briefest of underpants and Wellington boots.
He was spotted walking past shops in the west of the town at Stamford Court close to the junction of Horringer Road and Vinery Road where there is a Tesco Express, Keyways Locksmith, a launderette and a ladies and gents hairdressers.
He turned the head of one onlooker who seemed dumbstruck on what she saw walking past her.
Julie Wiseman, who owns Cutting Edge Ladies and Gents Hairdressing said he was seen at 10.45am yesterday.
“He was wearing a little leaf print combat thong with wellie boots and he walked up Horsecroft Road. One of the girls was cutting a gentleman’s hair when she said ‘There’s a man just gone past wearing next to nothing.’
“He apparently went into the Tesco Express for a bottle of orange juice and one of the girls in there apparentley asked him if she could get him some clothes but he said ‘No, I am fine I have just been for a run.’
“We think it was the same person who was seen doing this last year.”
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
The incident was posted on Facebook and has gone viral with hundreds of comments and suggestions on who the mystery man may be.
Steve Ebbens, who took the video and posted it on the website, said he was passing the shops and was stopped in his vehicle at the traffic lights where roadworks are currently being carried out.
The self employed farrier said: “I just saw him and took the video but I have not caught up with all the comments that have been made and I don’t know who the guy is.
“I was just going into Bury to get some lunch.”