Man seriously injured in collision with bus
A MAN, believed to be a working on a Ipswich building site, has been badly hurt in a serious collision with a bus close to the Waterfront.
Emergency services were called to the junction between Duke Street and Pownall Road at 10.38am today, after a single-decker bus collided with a pedestrian.
The man, who is believed to be in his 30s, has been left seriously injured in the collision. The bus was left straddling across two lanes.
Fire crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road Fire Station attended the scene.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said: “One male casualty was trapped underneath a bus, high pressure air bags were used to release the casualty.”
You may also want to watch:
The air ambulance was initially asked to attend, but was later asked to stand down.
Three land ambulances and two rapid response vehicles attended the scene and the man was later taken to Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “When we arrived on scene the casualty was conscious and breathing.”
An onlooker said: “It looked serious, the bus has spread across all three lanes. Screens were being held up.”
Duke Street was re-opened to traffic at 3.43pm today.