Man set to appear in court
A MAN is set to appear in court for a string of offences that ended with him crashing a car following a police chase.
Duncan Rowland, 22, of Charminster Road, London, has been charged with burglary, dangerous driving, no insurance and possession of cannabis.
He was arrested on Friday after the car he was driving left the road at Nedging Tye, near Ipswich.
Police officers were called at 11.15pm after an alarm was activated at a supermarket on Chancery Lane, Debenham.
When they attended they found the store had been broken into and cigarettes had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
At 11.43pm a car failed to stop for officers on the A140 and drove off at speed, it was followed by patrol officers and the force helicopter onto the B1078.
At Nedging Tye the car left the road and went into a ditch.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
The car and a quantity of cigarettes have been recovered for examination.
Rowland appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich today. He was remanded in custody to appear at Sudbury Magistrates Court on June 9.