Man shot dead by police in St Neots after stand-off
A man was shot dead by police in Cambridgeshire last night after a stand-off in a property.
Cambridgeshire Police were called to Duck Lane, St Neots, over concerns for people inside the property at 7.45pm on Wednesday.
Firearms officers shot the man, believed to be in his 40s, dead just after 8pm, the force said.
A spokesman added: “The man died at the scene. No one else was injured in the incident.”
The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is investigating the incident.
A spokesman said the commission was contacted by Cambridgeshire Police on Wednesday night and declared an independent investigation at about 9.30pm.
He added: “The man’s next of kin have been informed of his death and the area will remain cordoned off for some time whilst IPCC investigators undertake the scene management process.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
“The investigation is in the very early stages and we are unable to provide further details at this time.”