Man stabbed after altercation in Moreland Industrial Estate in Rettendon Common, Chelmsford
- Credit: PA
A man has been arrested after a stabbing in Chelmsford on Saturday night, Essex Police have said.
A 22-year-old man was stabbed in the stomach following an altercation on the Moreland Industrial Estate in Rettendon Common at 7.50pm.
He suffered serious injuries and was being treated in hospital on Sunday afternoon.
A 38-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH).
Essex Police said in a statement: “A man has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of another man in Rettendon Common.
“The 22-year-old man was stabbed in the stomach following an altercation on the Moreland Industrial Estate at 7.50pm yesterday, Saturday August 5.
“He was taken to the Royal London Hospital, where he remains undergoing treatment. His injuries were described as serious but not life threatening.
- 1 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 2 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 3 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 4 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 5 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
- 9 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 10 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
“A 38-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested on suspicion of GBH and is currently in custody for questioning.
“Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Grays CID on 101.
“Alternatively, contact independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org.”