Woman arrested after man is stabbed at Co-op store car park in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was stabbed at a Colchester Co-op store car park yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the store, in Mersea Road, at around 3pm yesterday afternoon, Monday, August 20.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, upon searching the area, a man in his 50s was found with an injury to his leg.
He said: “We attended the car park of the Co-op in Mersea Road, Colchester, earlier yesterday afternoon.
“It was reported that a man had been stabbed in the leg just before 2.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
“The man, aged in his 50s, has been taken to hospital with injuries that are not believed to be life-threatening.
“Officers searched the area and arrested a 38-year-old woman on suspicion of attempted murder. She remains in custody.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
The area was cordoned off by police while officers carried out their investigations.
If you have any information that could assist officers in their investigation, call Essex police on 101.
Alternatively, contact crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers anonymnously on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org