Robber walks into Jaywick home and threatens man for tobacco
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A violent robber threatened a man with a knife in Essex before stealing packets of tobacco from him.
The attack happened at a home in Riley Avenue, Jaywick, between 4.50pm and 5.10pm on Saturday, June 16.
A man, described as being in his 20s, walked into the back garden of a property and spoke to the victim before following him inside his home.
The culprit then held a knife against the victim and demanded money, a spokesman for Essex Police said.
The offender ran from the scene with packets of tobacco.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white, clean shaven, around 5ft 9ins to 5ft 10ins tall and of medium build. He wore grey clothing and had brown hair which was visible under the hood of his top.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Clacton Criminal Investigation Department on 101 quoting crime reference 42/84730/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit