Robber walks into Jaywick home and threatens man for tobacco
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A violent robber threatened a man with a knife in Essex before stealing packets of tobacco from him.
The attack happened at a home in Riley Avenue, Jaywick, between 4.50pm and 5.10pm on Saturday, June 16.
A man, described as being in his 20s, walked into the back garden of a property and spoke to the victim before following him inside his home.
The culprit then held a knife against the victim and demanded money, a spokesman for Essex Police said.
The offender ran from the scene with packets of tobacco.
The suspect is described as white, clean shaven, around 5ft 9ins to 5ft 10ins tall and of medium build. He wore grey clothing and had brown hair which was visible under the hood of his top.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Clacton Criminal Investigation Department on 101 quoting crime reference 42/84730/18, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143