Drink driving suspect still in custody over Ipswich roundabout crash
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving after a roundabout crash near Cardinal Park yesterday evening, Sunday, October 7.
Emergency services – including police and paramedics – rushed to the double roundabout near the Ipswich Novotel at around 7pm.
Police confirmed officers were called to the scene and were assisted by an ambulance crew, they found a silver estate vehicle on the verge of the roundabout.
Daren Jennings, 51, from Ipswich, reported seeing the aftermath of the crash, he said: “I was dropped off by a mate at home last night at about 6.30am.
“That’s when I looked around and saw it, I thought: ‘blimey there’s a car on the roundabout.’
You may also want to watch:
“I heard the sirens going and the emergency vehicles at about 6.35pm and they arrived at about 6.40pm.”
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said a man had been arrested on suspicion of drink driving in connection with the incident.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
The man was taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and questioned.
Today police confirmed that this man remains in custody.
No one was seriously hurt in the collision and a car has been seized by Suffolk police.