Man struck in back several times during Clacton assault
A man who had his jacket pulled over his head to immobilise his arms during an assault required hospital treatment for the injuries caused.
The attack happened in Burnham Court, Clacton, at around 7.30pm on Monday December 7.
Essex Police only released details of the assault today.
The victim, 24, was barged from behind before his coat was pulled over his head.
He was struck several times with a blunt object in the back, suffering cuts which needed treatment in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Det con Mo Crawley, investigation officer, said: “I believe this was an attempted robbery and the suspect or suspects ran off when they realised the victim had nothing they could steal.
“This was a fruitless, cowardly attack and I am appealing for the public’s help to find those responsible.”
- 1 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 4 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 5 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 6 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 7 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 8 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Dc Crawley at Clacton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.