Man suffers burns in house fire
A MAN was today treated for burns to his hands and face following a kitchen fire at a house in a Suffolk village.
A MAN was treated for burns to his hands and face following a kitchen fire at a house in Sudbury.
The 60-year-old was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds, after fire broke out at the house in Clarence Road, Sudbury.
The fire service was alerted to the blaze, in a first floor flat, at 3.23pm.
Two engines from Sudbury were mobilised and used breathing equipment, a hose reel and a powder extinguisher to bring the flames under control.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics were also called to the scene at 3.35pm to treat the injured man for minor burns.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close