Man suffers fractured cheekbone after being punched in Little Clacton
A man suffered a fractured cheekbone when he was punched in the face after a night out in Little Clacton.
The 31-year-old from the Colchester area left the Blacksmiths Arms in The Street, at about 12.30am on Sunday, March 8.
Dc Derek Lee, of Clacton CID, said the man was walking towards Holland Road when at some point along The Street he heard a male voice behind him.
Dc Lee added: “The victim was then struck in the face and knocked to the ground.
“He went to a nearby property to ask for help and an ambulance was called.
“But the victim did not wait and left.
“He later made his own way to hospital, where he was treated for a fractured right cheekbone and a black eye.”
- 1 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 2 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 3 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 4 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 5 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 6 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 7 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 8 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 9 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 10 Almost 400 homes without power after electrical line fault in west Suffolk
Witnesses or anyone with information about the circumstances leading up to the incident is asked to call Dc Lee on 101, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org