Man suffers fractured cheekbone after being punched in Little Clacton
A man suffered a fractured cheekbone when he was punched in the face after a night out in Little Clacton.
The 31-year-old from the Colchester area left the Blacksmiths Arms in The Street, at about 12.30am on Sunday, March 8.
Dc Derek Lee, of Clacton CID, said the man was walking towards Holland Road when at some point along The Street he heard a male voice behind him.
Dc Lee added: “The victim was then struck in the face and knocked to the ground.
“He went to a nearby property to ask for help and an ambulance was called.
You may also want to watch:
“But the victim did not wait and left.
“He later made his own way to hospital, where he was treated for a fractured right cheekbone and a black eye.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
Witnesses or anyone with information about the circumstances leading up to the incident is asked to call Dc Lee on 101, or to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org