Man suffers facial injuries after fire at chemical plant
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been left with facial injuries following an incident at a chemical plant in west Suffolk.
Twelve fire crews from across the county were called to the Wychem manufacturing plant in Haverhill Road, Stradishall, at 11.55am on Tuesday.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service confirmed a solvent material had caught fire in a vessel on the site.
The spokesman said one man, who was aged in his 50s, was being taken to hospital for treatment for facial, back and shoulder injuries following the incident.
However, the extent of his injuries are not known at this time.
Fire crews were stood down at 12.27pm.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites