Man taken to hospital after bus crash horror
Police closed a road for more than three hours after a bus and car collided on rural road this morning
A COLLISION between a bus and a hatchback car closed a Suffolk road for more than three hours this morning.
Paramedics were called just before 7.30am to the scene of the crash on the B1508 Bures Road, Little Cornard, minutes after a single-decker Chambers bus and a Renault Clio collided on a narrow bend close to a row of houses.
Joanne Hinton, 35 whose house is just 10 feet from the smash, said she heard an almighty crash and rushed outside to see the front of the car smashed to pieces.
“I thought the driver of the car didn’t stand a chance but thankfully he managed to get himself out,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated the man at the scene before taking him to West Suffolk Hospital for treatment to his injuries.
The driver of the bus, which did not have any passengers at the time, is believed to have sustained a cut to his leg.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Police re-opened the road shortly after 10.30am.
Meanwhile, emergency services were also called to another crash on the A1088 near Euston at 7.33am this morning.
A Honda motorbike and grey Ford Focus car were involved in the collision.
The male motorbike rider was taken to hospital with suspected pelvic injuries.
The Ixworth side of the A1088 has re-opened to traffic.