Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 1°C

Search

Man taken to hospital after carbon monoxide alarm sounds at a home in east Suffolk village

PUBLISHED: 18:20 19 September 2017 | UPDATED: 18:20 19 September 2017

Ambulance crews were sent to the scene. Stock image. Picture: SIMON FINLAY

Ambulance crews were sent to the scene. Stock image. Picture: SIMON FINLAY

Archant Norfolk

Paramedics and firefighters were sent to help a man who was feared to have been suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning in east Suffolk this morning.

Three fire engines, an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle arrived at a home in Cransford near Framlingham in the early hours to reports a man was vomiting and feeling unwell.

A carbon monoxide alarm had sounded in his home prompting a large response from the emergency services.

When fire crews arrived they found a wood burner inside the home which they believe may have caused the alarm to go off.

They could not find any trace of carbon monoxide but ventilated the home as a precaution.

A fire service spokesman said: “We received a call from the ambulance service at about 1.35am reporting a man was being sick and feeling unwell and that a carbon monoxide alarm had gone off at his house.

“We sent two fire engines with a support vehicle alongside it to the scene.

“CO2 not carbon monoxide was detected in the property which crews think was caused by a wood burner.

He added: “They ventilated the property but the man involved was still being sick so he was assessed by ambulance staff.”

An ambulance and rapid response vehicle were sent to the scene following a 111 call.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received the call from 111 in the early hours to Cransford, Woodbridge.

“An ambulance and rapid response vehicle were dispatched to help a patient who wasn’t feeling well.

“He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care.”

Two people have been killed in a collision on a road near Newmarket.

Fears have been raised that Suffolk may have a systemic problem with how children’s homes are run after a third establishment was given a poor Ofsted rating in the last 10 weeks.

Jennifer Pearson from Felixstowe claims she had dog mess shoved through her letter box, her tyres slashed, and even had people spit at her – leaving her youngest daughter in tears.

Sixteen people were rescued from rising water after four cars and a bus got stuck in high tide on The Strood crossing at Mersea Island.

A community close to the Essex Suffolk border has been left shocked and saddened following the death of a pedestrian.

The heart of two communities shone through as well-wishers - including an MP - rushed to help people injured in two serious falls.

Suffolk may have enjoyed an almost frost-free winter so far, but the big freeze descended on one town this weekend and so did scores of visitors enticed by the ice.

Most read

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

MyDate24 MyPhotos24