Sunshine and Showers

Sunshine and Showers

max temp: 19°C

min temp: 9°C

Search

Man taken to hospital after carbon monoxide alarm sounds at a home in east Suffolk village

PUBLISHED: 18:20 19 September 2017 | UPDATED: 18:20 19 September 2017

Ambulance crews were sent to the scene. Stock image. Picture: SIMON FINLAY

Ambulance crews were sent to the scene. Stock image. Picture: SIMON FINLAY

Archant Norfolk

Paramedics and firefighters were sent to help a man who was feared to have been suffering the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning in east Suffolk this morning.

Three fire engines, an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle arrived at a home in Cransford near Framlingham in the early hours to reports a man was vomiting and feeling unwell.

A carbon monoxide alarm had sounded in his home prompting a large response from the emergency services.

When fire crews arrived they found a wood burner inside the home which they believe may have caused the alarm to go off.

They could not find any trace of carbon monoxide but ventilated the home as a precaution.

A fire service spokesman said: “We received a call from the ambulance service at about 1.35am reporting a man was being sick and feeling unwell and that a carbon monoxide alarm had gone off at his house.

“We sent two fire engines with a support vehicle alongside it to the scene.

“CO2 not carbon monoxide was detected in the property which crews think was caused by a wood burner.

He added: “They ventilated the property but the man involved was still being sick so he was assessed by ambulance staff.”

An ambulance and rapid response vehicle were sent to the scene following a 111 call.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received the call from 111 in the early hours to Cransford, Woodbridge.

“An ambulance and rapid response vehicle were dispatched to help a patient who wasn’t feeling well.

“He was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists