Man taken to hospital after Colchester flat fire

Man taken to Colchester General Hospital for futher care.

Man taken to Colchester General Hospital for futher care. - Credit: Sonya Duncan

A 28-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation following a first floor flat blaze in Colchester.

Two fire crews were sent to Blenheim Drive around 11.50am to reports that the flat was “50% alight and 100% smoke logged”.

Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service treated the man at the scene and took him to Colchester General Hospital for further care.

A spokesman said the patient was believed to be in a stable condition.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus