Man ‘seriously injured’ in hit and run
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a hit and run.
In the early hours of Thursday, November 8 a car failed to stop following a collision which caused serious injuries in Colchester.
A 20-year-old man from the town was subsequently arrested on suspicion of failing to stop following a road accident and causing serious injury through dangerous driving.
He has been released under investigation.
Essex Police arrived in Avon Way, near to the junction with Alefounder Close, at around midnight on Wednesday, November 7.
You may also want to watch:
This followed reports of a silver car colliding with a pedestrian.
The driver failed to stop after the collision and drove off in the direction of the Greenstead and the A133 roundabout.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
Officers and paramedics arrived at the scene and the man in his 20s was taken to hospital.
He has suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries.
Essex Police are keen to talk to anyone who was in the area at the time and saw a silver car.
The vehicle may have had damage to the passenger side wing mirror.
Officers are especially keen to here from those who have dashcam footage and were in the area around the time of the collision. Police are also appealing to find the driver of a small dark-coloured car, which was over taken by the silver car on Avon Way shortly before the collision occurred.
If you have any information contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101, quoting incident 3 of November 8.
Information can also be given completely anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.